Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday, March 20th, 2011.

Greeting from Edmond, Oklahoma and the heartland of the United States of America.  We are currently at Calvary Baptist Church (Pastor Brad Lowrie) in Edmond, OK, which is immediately boardering the north edge of Oklahoma City.  It is beautiful country. 

Calvary Baptist Church, Edmond, OK.
On Sunday we had the blessing of being a part of Calvary Baptist's missions emphasis month.  In Sunday School I had the privilege of teaching from Acts 13 about the Lord's Method of Missions.  The outline included the points: The Institution of Missions, The Direction of Missions, and The Administrator of Missions.

The Holy Spirit evidenced His sweet influence over these meetings, as Pastor Lowrie delivered what the Spirit of God had given him, independent of me, in the 11am meeting; a message entitled The Mission of Missions, also from Acts 13.  We could not have coordinated it better had we planned it.

In the evening I had the oportunity of preaching, and again preached from Acts 13, a message entitled, What Made Antioch Such a Powerful Missions Church?  The points that I was able to cover were:  Abundant Sowing of the Word of God, Adament Submission to the Spirit of God, Advanced Soldering on the Spiritual Battlefield, and Ardent Stand for the Truth of God.  The points that I did not get to were, Absolute Sufficiency of the Grace of God, and Active Sending of Preachers of the Word of God.

Adam was able to minister in music.  Here is a song that he wrote a couple of years ago, and he is accompaning himself on the piano for the first time in public.  Usually he accompanies himself on his guitar.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN wow is God ever so good to us.Thank you Pastor Burbidge for sharing this special moment in Brother Adam's life with us here in Yarmouth, it realy was a beautiful song and as I was listening to it I felt like Brother Adam was playing it right here at Chegoggin Baptist Church.I'm getting ready for work and may I add a thank God for safely allowing you to arrive in Oklahoma.Bfn from Bro. Ralph & Sis. June and tell Bro. Adam how good he sang.God bless.

    ReplyDelete