Thursday, September 20, 2012

Up To Date

Greetings all.  During the last two and a half weeks we have been staying in missions apartments or houses.  This short period in September has been skinny on meetings, but we have been active.  On Sundays and Wednesdays we have been visiting churches.  From this we have heard some good preaching, made ourselves known in the flesh and got to preach.  This will no doubt yield meetings next year.

Last evening (Wednesday, Sept. 19th) I preached at Highland Park Baptist Church and enjoyed the fellowship with Pastor Ron Oster, his family, and folks at the church.

I preached a message called Guarding the Door.  This is a message on the doctrine of baptism including baptism being the door to the church, baptism as the representative and protective ordinance to our doctrine, and that the only one that has authority to baptise in the New Testament patterned Baptist church.

When I preach a message like this and pastor and people are amen-ing I know I am in a church of kindred doctrine and spirit.  Highland Park Baptist Church is such a church.

This weekend we are off to Utah--stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment