Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday, June 16th, 2013

Greengs all.  On Sunday morning we had the pleasure to be with Bible Baptist Church in Trinidad, Colorado and Pastor Andy Ohman.  We had a sweet time in the Lord, with liberty to preach the Word of God.  The church ladies served all a delicious Father's Day breakfast, then we presented the ministry in the Sunday School hour.  The folks asked more questions than I have ever been asked before.  It was great.  In the morning meeting I preached from Luke 10:3-9 outlined, The Sent, The Sought, and The Cities.

On the Wednesday before this Sandy and I were at a coin laundry.  She was closing a dryer door, twisting her body to do so.  Her knee dislocated and she fell backwards (quite gently) onto the floor.  I was only a few feet behind her.  We had to call 911.  She was taken to an emergency room in an ambulance and within a couple hours was released with her knee back in place, crutches, a leg brace, and instructions for the next six weeks while the soft tissue in her leg heals.  Thank the Lord our home church pays for travel medical insurance for us while we are in the USA. 

I was very glad I had stayed at the laundry.  I had intended to leave her there, and do some errands at a WalMart.  But, a drunk man had entered the laundry, to do laundry, an I decided I would stay.  I am so thankful I did.  God is so very good to us.  The lady attendant at the laundry kindly finished drying and folding our clothes for us.  I went back later and gave her a tract and thanked her.  Pray that God will use the tract and, by the grace of God, a good testimony, to work in this lady's life to her salvation.
Sandy, Wednesday evening back at the hotel after injuring her leg.  Mind the empty Doritos bag.

1 comment:

  1. THE LORD BE WITH THEE, Praise Our Heavenly Father for HIS protection to HIS Children.Will continue to pray for journey mercies as well.Yes may that tract you passed onto the woman at the laundrymat.Look forward to seeing you God willing back here in Yarmouth very soon.We love you (the Kennedy's).Stay faithful to God.God bless.

    ReplyDelete